Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Seven Bookish Sins


I was tagged by the lovely Preethi of Time Turning Reads to reveal my seven deadly sins of reading. So here goes...

Greed
What is your most inexpensive book?

Library books! Ok, so maybe those don't count because they're not wholly "mine," but the majority of my literary adventures have been spent in library books. But let's see... the most inexpensive book I actually bought was A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I scored it at a Used Books Sale for 50 cents - total bargain, right?

Wrath
What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

I would have to say Cassandra Clare (and I'm sorry to all you Cassandra Clare-lovers out there, but hear me out on this). When I first read City of Bones, I fell head over heels in love with the author (or more like I fell in love with Jace) and went on to finish the next two books, at which point I thought the Mortal Instruments series was over. But then she continued it... and thus the drama with Sebastian began. The last book of that series I read was City of Lost Souls and I'm not sure if I want to continue it, but at the same time I want to see what happens to all of my favorite characters.

Gluttony
What book have you read over and over with no shame?


I don't re-read books often, but I did re-read many of Gail Carson Levine's books in elementary school. The ones I read the most were Ella Enchanted, The Wish, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, and Ever. I loved and still love her fairy tale-esque writing.

Sloth
What book have you neglected due to laziness?


The most recent book I've neglected due to laziness would be Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I've wanted to read it ever since I finished Opal, but have always put it aside to read other books. I got a copy from the library on my most recent trip, but it's pushed to the bottom every time I go back to the library and see another new book I want to read. In essence, there are a lot of books that are pushed aside for that reason *dramatic sigh*.

Pride
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

Haha. I don't really talk about books to sound like an intellectual reader. If I like the book, I will talk your ear off about it, but never  in a snobby, fancypants way. Of course, if this is to ask which "literary classic," I like talking about, it would for sure be Jane Eyre! I can discuss for hours and hours on the complexity of social relationships and romance in that book.

Lust
What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?

Ah yes, the boys in books are obviously fictional, but we all develop crushes on them anyway. I love it when the male protagonist is an enigmatic, dark, brooding character. The air of mystery just makes them so much more attractive. Of course, a witty humor doesn't hurt either.

Envy
What book would you like to receive as a gift?

Hmmm... I would love to get a boxed set of basically any series that's been highly recommended. I love finding and falling in love with new series. It's the best feeling ever, especially when you've finished one, and don't know how to move on from the awesomeness of it (I'm still recovering from Harry Potter). 

Your Turn!

Tag your blog below in the comments with your own reveal of your "Seven Deadly Bookish Sins." I would love to check out your blog and see what they are!

Renée

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...