Friday, January 31, 2014

The Friday 56 (7): Sleepless by Cyn Balog


The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book
*Turn to page 56, or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it!) that grabs you
*Post it
*Comment with your (url) post.

This week: Sleepless by Cyn Balog 
The rain filters through the trees, weighing down the leaves, making my branch wet, but I cannot feel the dampness on my skin. Sandmen are not affected by the weather, or so Chimere tells me. Yet just as I did as a human, I find rainy days to be gloomy. So many years have passed since I would arrive at the mill looking like a drowned rat after trekking the four miles through the city of Newark, and no longer do I have to endure the water seeping through the soles of my well-worn shoes...yet there is still something utterly melancholy about gray skies and softly falling raindrops. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...