Friday, January 24, 2014

The Friday 56 (6): These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner


The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book
*Turn to page 56, or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it!) that grabs you
*Post it
*Comment with your (url) post.

This week: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

I clamp my mouth shut, struggling not to say it aloud. Miss LaRoux notices me biting back a response and her expression darkens. But I can see where the holes punched by her earrings are still oozing, and that her nose is swelling up from the blow she got while hot-wiring the escape pod, and that her lips are chapped and raw. It's a wonder she hasn't completely fallen to pieces -- it's what I would've expected of someone like her. 

Renée  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...