Monday, January 27, 2014

Still on my Mind (2): Graceling by Kristin Cashore


Still on my Mind is hosted by Haley at YA-Aholic where we feature a book we read a while back that was so good it's "still on our mind."

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...




Why this is still on my mind...

I picked up Graceling for the first time this summer when I was looking for something to read after Hunger Games. My older sister had recommended it to me a while back, so when I saw it lying there on the shelf, I thought why not? Anyway, long story short I simply fell in love with the world and characters Kristin Cashore created. I loved Katsa's! She was the heroine I wanted to be at the time; tough, brave, unrelenting, and a total bad-ass. And I loved the romance between Katsa and Po; they were definitely made for each other. Graceling was probably one of the best YA fantasies I've read so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...