Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Café Musings (1): Series I Really Want (Need) to Start


I've created "Café Musings"  as a discussion post for this blog of all things bookish and non-bookish.
So to start the ball rolling on this post...the topic is: Series I Really Want (Need) to Start
Last year, I discovered New Adult Romance through Wait for You, so I'm on the lookout for more books like it. I would love to find another New Adult series as addicting as that one. I also want to get into more fantasy/sci-fi books this year. So here's my list:

1. Slammed 

This was the first book that popped up on my Goodreads recs way back when. It eventually got buried under the huge pile of TBR books. Anyway I've been hearing so many good things about this author and her books, I might as well give it a try. From experience I've found that the books you tend to put off end up being the really good ones.




2. A Song of Ice and Fire 

Game of Thrones has been talked about a lot this past year; understandable with the tv show and everything. I've been meaning to read A Game of Thrones for a while now, and start this series. A few of my friends are obsessed with this series and constantly have conversations about the show and the books. Time to finally see what all the hype is about.




3. Too Far

I have yet to find an Abbi Glines book I like. I read Existence and didn't finish it because the story line and characters were ridiculously weak. I read Breathe, and had the same problem.
So many people love her books, and this series in particular. So I'll give this author another chance. It might end up being a good New Adult series. Fingers crossed.

4. The Lord of the Rings 

While this is more of a compilation, I've been wanting to read the Lord of the Rings for such a long time, but it keeps getting pushed aside whenever I get new books.







5. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Looking back over the books I've read, I haven't really touched on the sci-fi genre. This book has been really popular among the people in my engineering classes. I figure this should be a good way to get into sci-fi.






6. The Syrena Legacy 

One word: mermaids. I have been in love with the subject of mermaids ever since watching the Little Mermaid as a kid. It's an obsession of all things ocean-related. I think I've finally found the perfect mermaid series. We'll see...







What about you? Any series you have your eye on this year?

Renée
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...